Port Aransas is host to hundreds of different species of our feathered friends. Encounters with Coastal Bend nesting species such as Roseate Spoonbills, Reddish Egrets, Black-Bellied Whistling Ducks, Bitterns, and Rails bring birding enthusiasts back to this island sanctuary time and time again.
With a whopping 6 different sites along the Great Texas Coastal Birding Trail, Port A hosts many must-see lookouts for avid birders and wildlife photographers. To get that !up-close! ability to observe hundreds of species in their natural habitats, be sure to check out these spots:
- Joan and Scott Holt Paradise Pond
- Leonabelle Turnbull Birding Center
- UTMSI Wetlands Education Center
- Mustang Island State Park
- South Jetty
- Port Aransas Nature Preserve